Constant Headache
I have had a non-stop migrane since I got to Japan. I think it's from overusing my brain, it's not used to working this hard. The most menial tasks require a great amount of thought. For example, going to the gas station, which I did all by myself tonight. Its amazing. You don't actually pump your own gas here so you have to converse w/ the attendant guy! Difficult to do when you dont know what the HELL he is saying. On the upside,they wash your windows, fill your tires w/ air if needed, clean your rims and stop traffic so that you can leave the station all while bowing a-kajillion times-- oh yeah and pump your gas!
Before I go anywhere I have to get mentally prepared and come up w/ lists of pre-made sentences. One of what I need to say to get what I want, one of possible things that the other person may say, one of possible responses, one of directions, one just-in-case I get lost and need to ask for directions --happens A LOT !! I have become a walking post-it note FREAK! So after this long rant, all I want to do is sleep where I can dream in ENGLISH and dont have to worry about talking to ANYONE! Because I know I have to do it all over again tomorrow. When do you reckon that the headaches will finally go away? Hopefully soon. Goodnight!

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home