...because I can.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Just call me Martha freakin Stewart



So after rehearsals were done on Saturday we all went to James ' se-s-es house for a party. He has a huge house and he is quite the little entertainer. Anyways I wanted to bake pumpkin pie to give as parting gifts for my Japanese Teachers for Christmas. I had my mind made up and you know me...once I have my mind set on something, there is no turning back! Even if it is a STUUUPID idea! Anyways the teachers probably have never tasted pumpkin pie, good intentions but bad planning. They dont have pumpkin puree in a can so I had to make it from scratch and with Japanese pumpkins (which are harder/smaller/taste different)..But with my enthusiasm and Jenelle's recipe, we were all set to start this process. By the way, let me preface this because maybe you dont know me that well but --I dont like cooking/cleaning/baking/or microwaving for that matter. Anything domestic, you can pretty much count me out! And I have no problems with that unless I get the urge to do something nice (like at Christmas time) and dont know where to start, what to buy, how much time it will take, how much it costs, how much effort and PATIENCE it takes or even how to work my microwave/oven that is all written in Kanji. So I was completely out of my league but, once again, had my mind SET. I think in the end, the pies turned out all right..but even if they werent Martha Sterart status, it's the thought that counts and they dont know what pumpkin pie is SUPPOSED to taste like anyways so I was relieved when they all said: Oiiiiishi! Big gold star on my name tag for that one. One thing though, I will NEVER do it again...its too hard being domesticated and all house-wife-ish..I would rather go to Fujiya, buy a cake and slap a card on it and call it a day.

Anyways after slaving away in the kitchen (not really, in reality, Jenelle did most of the work)...It was time to enjoy the party. Here are a few of the pics from that night!


What are you looking at?

Me and the Director (Decky) who is the funniest person, when I can understand what he is saying in his Irish accent...actually even if I cant (which is most of the time), it's even funnier because I just sit there thinking: just smile and nod, just smile and nod.

Me and Jenelle --geesh..its really cold out here.
As you can tell my "party" attire is really different than CA...gotta adapt or freeze my arse off!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenelle said...

we really should have taken some pics of you in the kitchen to prove you were there!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home