...because I can.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Mid Year Seminar Shame

Jan 29-30th, 2007

Monday and Tuesday of this week, we had a mid-year seminar for all ALTs and JTEs. The seminar itself was boring, listening to some random person tell me how my international English needed to improve to be an effective teacher…blah blah blah. I thought our guest speakers were probably somebody important but Wil assured me, “If they were important, they wouldn’t be speaking to us.” Enough said. Some of the seminars were actually really interesting and it was cool to see my peers and friends in a work setting away from parties/enkis/musical/socials. Every one was dressed up looking all business like and profession-AL... I think I was half asleep because I didn’t take a single picture, which I’m regretting now because when am I going to see these people dressed like adults ever again? It’s not everyday that you see Russell in a shirt without holes in it or shoes that are actually laced up. BUT…I did take pictures of the party that night which was held at Shame as a fundraiser for Papua New Guinea. The theme was “Back to School” but I didn’t dress up. I just felt strange looking like my junior high school students and going to the bar. Not cool. But here are some of the pics from that night:

Johanna workin itme and JamesThe dancin queen pimped out in her finest school girl gearMe and Jenelleme waiting to go home --every party has its party pooper and that was MESerious business-- so hard not to smile (dont we look like badasses??!)My body looks wierd--its like: hey look, Im just ate a bowling ball!Me and Kaede--how come she looks like my pimp daddy?Oh Joey -- You're my hero!!
Me and Russell (mentioned above)

This was our BEST attempt @ looking sexy -- Its amazing how guys could ever resist us, huh PAM?!! LOL..wow

2 Comments:

Blogger Satyne said...

Dude... a) I'm offended, I'm not some random person, you know! I worked hard on that workshop (sniff) and b)... I look like a raccoon in that picture! What was the deal with my frikking eyeliner?!

Yours

Natasha

11:30 PM  
Blogger Johanna said...

Yeah, I look like some freaky school girl too. *ick* Why did I wear that costume again!?! I'm gonna get all dolled-up for you one night Kris...just you wait!!!

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home