...because I can.

Monday, February 12, 2007

More Snowboarding and more Musical

We had a performance in Nagaoka this weekend, which now that I think about, seems like it was a week ago rather than just 2 days ago. To this date, that performance was the best! Everyone seems to be relaxing and feeling more confident in their lines, and overall the show ran pretty smoothly. Of course, there were the common line fudge-ups and the curtain rising and lowering at random times, but still entertaining to say the least. After the show ended @ 10ish, a few of us drove to Tokamachi. We went to this really cute log cabin bar where the owner dressed in a kimono and was the touchiest/drunkest Japanese lady I have ever seen.

me: trying to summon up my creative mojo
my normal face during musical rehearsals AND performances


Bright and early morning, we all got up to go snowboarding in Yuzawa, which is about another hour drive from Tokamachi. I’m FINALLY getting the hang of it! Don’t get me wrong, I definitely had my fair share of spills/summersaults/head-plants, but this time, they just seemed to be less frequent—which is ALWAYS a good thing!

Me and JenellePam and Decci

Straight from snowboarding, I came home and got ready for “Kaede’s F**in Rockin Going Away Party” where the theme was, “You don’t know me? Who Cares!” There was so many random people there. For example: This Rastafarian lookin’ guy came up to Decci and was all: “Where are you from”

Decci: Ireland, Where are you from?

Weird Man, who hadn’t showered in about a week (maybe longer): “Father’s Ballsack” and then he proceeded to vibrate and have a seizure-like outburst.

I about peed my pants laughing. This was pretty much the jist of the whole night. Gather the most eccentric (to put it politely) people in Japan in one room, play EVERYTHING from heavy metal-Elvis-Country-80’s and jump around as off beat as possible! The night was pure comedy. Then to top it off, we hit up Karaoke until the sun came up.

Early morning I caught a train back to Sanjo for Jenny’s Birthday fun-stivities. More Karaoke and Manja dinner. I just got home and I’m exhausted. It’s reassuring to know that I NEED my weeks to recuperate from my weekends still, so I’m not SO grown after all!

On a random point: Anna Nicole Smith died? WHAT!?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home