...because I can.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What's in a Name?

So today I went to school and one of my teachers says to me: "Kristen-sensei, you watch SUPABO?" (translation: did you watch the SuperBowl?)
Me: No. I didn't have time.
Him: I like AmeriFuto (American Football)
Me: Oh yeah?
Him: Watashi no SON NAME shiteru? (Do you know my son's name)
me: (How the hell would I know your sons name?) --no what is it?
Him: Its TAKU --like Takuru (tackle)
Me: oh yeah?
him: maybe I want Kota.
Me: Why Kota?
Him: Like Kuotaru (Quarter)
Me: (in disbelief) what if you had a girl?
Him: (stated matter of factly) LANA like Rana (runner as in runningback)

I waited a few seconds for the: HA JOKE IT WAS JOKE...AMERICAN JOKE (cuz they always say that to me when I dont get it) but...when it didnt come and he just stood there looking at me with a blank look on his face...I then proceed to half way smile, giggle akwardly and thank GOD that I wasnt born into his family and have some messed up name like TOUCHDOWN, FieldGoal, or SweatyBalls or some crap like that. I guess my name isn't so bad afterall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home